Monday, July 22, 2013

My Cthulhu, Sweet Cthulhu, I Only Have Eyes For You-Loo!! (and other literary musings)

So, as you may know, I've been continuing my Lovecraft obsession, I've read pretty much all the significant stuff (and some that isn't), so I'll retire him for now until the mood strikes me again.
"The Dunwich Horror"--the film doesn't do the story ANY justice-please someone make a new, faithful version!!
"The Call of Cthulhu"--the "mythos" surrounding this may just become my new religion! It's certainly as plausible as Christianity or any of the other major religions (more so than Scientology for sure!). Plus, tentacles!! How can you go wrong with tentacles???
Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention one of my favorite films from a few years ago, Ivan Zuccon's "Colour From the Dark" (loosely based on "Colour Out of Space") featuring....THE Debbie Rochon!! She was outstanding in this outstanding film, run, don't walk to buy it! By all accounts, HP was a racist, Xenophobic fuck, so he probably wouldn't like the Italian setting, but hey, he's dead! If Lovecraft were alive today, it stands to reason he'd be writing a horror blog from his Grandma's basement with his cats--check his back story, it could totally happen!!
Until I revisit his stuff, I'll say this--keep my cities cyclopean, my darkness stygian, my knowledge forbidden, and my horror eldritch, bitches!!

He ain't Lovecraft, but Rob DiLauro wrote a fuckin' book!! No shit!!

 
DiLauro, best known for his genre radio hosting skillz, has tried his hand at writing, and I must say, he's pretty damned good at it. "Scorn" book one, is now available via Amazon.com in digital and hard copy versions. I'll keep this "spoiler free", but Rob shows a skilled hand at character development, suspense, story flow, and engaging prose. "Scorn" is quite an achievement, and seemingly, a precursor to more literary scares from this Michigan native. I dug it quite a bit and can't wait to see what's next in the series--it delivers the goods man! Definitely check it out!
 
 
Until next time jerkees!! Send your bile to: tom@NerdRemix.com
 


No comments:

Post a Comment